Monday, March 28, 2011

Two months in Yamal!


I still can't believe I am here! With every new day I see how great our God is, and I thank Him for the opportunity to be here.
Last week a boy Vova repented in Labytnangi.
On the youth meetings in Labytnangi come about 8-15 people. We have another meeting where the youth studies the Bible.
In Salekhard 20 young people come every Saturday.
In Kharp a new girl Marina came. She has many questions and a great desire to communicate with Christians as the youth "from the streets" dictates life principles which contradict her views.
There is also a young Muslim Eldaniz. As he says his religion tells him to cognize everything he can, that's why he wants to understand Christianity! He also asks many questions. Now I understand what I studied in the Christian University and the Seaside Missionary Training Center for! It would have been hard without that knowledge!!!
Igor (a young man I wrote in the previous blog) asked other guys to fast with him for one day, so that God would give him strength to change his life, repent and give up smoking. Today was his first day without cigarretts. Not long ago he and his wife began attending Bible study group.

Prayer requests:
- youth in Labytnangi, Salekhard and Kharp
- team unity
- spiritual growth of those who turn to God now
- my spiritual and physical health (I am sick).

No comments:

Post a Comment